Evelyn Glennie- A short Biography questions
- Where and when was Evelyn Glennie born?
- How many siblings did she have?
- What did she inherit from her parents?
- Where did her family live as she was growing up?
- What was the name of Evelyn’s Primary school?
- Where percussion instruments the first ones Evelyn played?
- What does the word daunt mean?
- Was Evelyn deaf at birth?
- What was special about the 1989 Promenade concert?
- Does Evelyn only play one kind of percussion music?
- What do you think about the life she has led?
- What is the same and what is different to Evelyn Glennie’s ‘Good Vibrations’ Autobiography?
Read chapter 16.
Imagine that you are Stanley. Respond to your parents’ letter.
Staying active is even more important during a Lockdown. Below are some suggestions of activities that you could do. Send me a message to tell me what you have been up to this week.
We are going to continue looking at Crippen Hanged. Our task today is to put the events into chronological (time) order.
Task: Create a timeline for Dr Crippen’s crime.
23/11/1910 1/2/1910 20/7/1910
1862 12/3/1910 16/7/1910
17/1/1910 End of June 1910
1/9/1892- Married Belle Elmore
Read chapters 4 and 5
Task: Imagine you are Stanley. Write a letter home to your parents about how Camp Green Lake has been so far. Remember Stanley expected there to be a lake and plants.
Use the attached planning sheet to help you plan your own newspaper article on Dr. Crippen. You may want to do some research using the internet to help you.
Read Chapter 10 of Holes.
What do you think the Warden is looking for and why is she looking for it? What clues in the story so far make you think this?